Turmeric is a root which has long been prized in traditional Indian cuisine. You are probably familiar with it because its natural golden hue is used as a colouring agent - be warned that it stains everything it comes into contact with a bright yellow! It has a faintly bitter, slightly pungent taste, and in recent years has come out of the curry house and is gaining increasing popularity among health food enthusiasts.
The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has been the subject of much scientific research in recent years.
Note: Turmeric is fat soluble. In order to be enjoyed to it's full potential, Turmeric should be consumed with fat.
Suggested serving size 1/2 teaspoon.
Suggestions for use:
- Make 'Golden Milk', mix with coconut oil and a nut milk
- Mix with coconut oil and include in a smoothie
- Sprinkle on a salad with oil, or straight onto an avocado
- Add to your curries, soups, and salad dressings.
Another tip is to mix it with black pepper - we're not allowed to tell you why!
It is with regret that we are unable to share with you more information about this product. Various EU legislation forbids us (and all other food business operators) from claiming that these products can offer any possible health benefits. Many of our customers already know about these foods, and come back to us time and time again for their favourite items. We ask customers new and old to do your own research, and to trust Raw Living to provide you and your nearest and dearest with the best quality products at the lowest prices. Thank you for your understanding.
* Free delivery to most of the UK for all orders over £150 (net of vat) *
|upto 750g||Royal Mail||£2.95|
|750g to 25Kg||Next day||£4.95|
|Orders over £150||Next day||Free|
Highlands & IslandsPostcodes: AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50, HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3
|upto 750g||Royal Mail||£2.95|
|750g to 25Kg||DPD||£13.50|
|Orders over £150||DPD next day||Free|
Europe and rest of the world
|All of Europe upto 2Kg (1.8kg plus packaging*)||Royal Mail Europe 3-5 days||£4.00 per 500g|
|Rest of the world upto 2Kg||Royal Mail International||£8.00 per 500g|
|2Kg-10Kg Jersey & Guernsey||DPD||£13.50|
|2Kg-25Kg Benelux, France, Germany, Ireland (Republic of), N. Ireland||DPD||£9.95|
|2Kg-25Kg Austria, Denmark, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Czech Rep, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden||DPD||£12.95|
|2Kg-25Kg Finland, Norway, Switzerland||UPS||£22.95|
|2Kg-5Kg - United states, Canada||UPS||£40.00|
|5Kg-10Kg - United states, Canada||UPS||£50.00|
Royal Mail 48 hour details
- This service is 48hr including delivery on Saturdays.
- Online tracking.
- Delivery may be possible within 24hrs but is not guaranteed.
- Mainland UK only.
- This is a 'next day' service with DPD (mainland UK). NOTE: This is a standard service - you do NOT pay extra for this and next day is not guaranteed.
- While the vast majority of orders placed before midday are dispatched the same day, this is not guaranteed. Please note there is no Saturday delivery.
- Please note: At exceptionally busy periods it might not be possible to deliver your order the next day.
- Delivery will take anything from 2-3 days to 2 weeks to arrive. Please track your order with the details provided.
For orders over 25kg, please call +44 (0)1243 523335, or email email@example.com for discounted prices and for carriage rates.
If you do not see your destination country listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +44 (0)1243 523335 and we will look at the best rate for the weight and value of your order.
Some countries will not allow the import of certain products. It is the responsibility of the customer to establish what their country rules and regulations are. Raw Living cannot be held responsible for orders delayed or returned by customs. If a package is returned by customs we will be charged, and this cost, together with the original carriage cost and a 10% handling fee will be deducted from any refund requested.
Please note that we periodically review carriage rates and they are subject to slight changes. We do not seek to make profit from carriage and in many cases they are heavily discounted.
*packaging is approx 50g on small orders up to 200g on larger orders. so for example, if you purchased 1.81kg of goods, this would be dispatched by courier and the carriage charge would be for 2kg