Kate uses and recommends this salt for all kinds of home fermenting eg sauerkraut. For fermentation recipes, visit Kate's Magic Bubble here
Celtic sea salt or Sel de Guerande Atlantic is hand-harvested on the Atlantic coast of France, exclusively from the salts marshes of the Guérande Peninsula, a nationally preserved area and registered as a World Heritage Site since 2002. The region of Guerande produces the salt that is the lowest in sodium and the richest in precious beneficial elements, Ref Dr J De Langre. Since 1991, this region is classified as a national treasure.
The salt is obtained by sun and wind evaporation and it is neither filtered nor cleaned thus it is free of pollutants from mechanical and chemical processes.
This salt is composed of only 71 to 74% of sodium chloride (by comparison with most other salts are 98% sodium chloride), (ref: Dr Brian Clement). The remaining percentage is composed of organic minerals and trace elements (calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, sulphur, zinc and other nutritive elements). This is why it is grey.
Human organisms can ONLY absorb Bio-available minerals, meaning minerals which have been FIRST digested by a plant or animal (Prof Maurice Jaubert). The minerals and trace-elements in the Celtic sea salt are Bio-available which means they can be ABSORBED by the body.
Nature and Know-How
- 330 salt harvesters working in the Guérande Peninsula
- A natural process of water purification and decantation guarantees the quality of the water
- Harvested by hand in crystallising pools, a method which respects the environment
- Preservation of traditional salt marshes - a harmonious network of geometrically shaped pools
- Preservation of traditional harvesting methods using traditional tools which are approved for contact with foodstuffs and don't react with the salt
- Natural production - the salt is produced via the natural process of sea water evaporation
It is with regret that we are unable to share with you more information about this product. Various EU legislation forbids us (and all other food business operators) from claiming that these products can offer any possible health benefits. Many of our customers already know about these foods, and come back to us time and time again for their favourite items. We ask customers new and old to do your own research, and to trust Raw Living to provide you and your nearest and dearest with the best quality products at the lowest prices. Thank you for your understanding.
* Free delivery to most of the UK for all orders over £150 (net of vat) *
|upto 750g||Royal Mail||£2.95|
|750g to 25Kg||Next day||£4.95|
|Orders over £150||Next day||Free|
Highlands & IslandsPostcodes: AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50, HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3
|upto 750g||Royal Mail||£2.95|
|750g to 25Kg||DPD||£13.50|
|Orders over £150||DPD next day||Free|
Europe and rest of the world
|All of Europe upto 2Kg (1.8kg plus packaging*)||Royal Mail Europe 3-5 days||£4.00 per 500g|
|Rest of the world upto 2Kg||Royal Mail International||£8.00 per 500g|
|2Kg-10Kg Jersey & Guernsey||DPD||£13.50|
|2Kg-25Kg Benelux, France, Germany, Ireland (Republic of), N. Ireland||DPD||£9.95|
|2Kg-25Kg Austria, Denmark, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Czech Rep, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden||DPD||£12.95|
|2Kg-25Kg Finland, Norway, Switzerland||UPS||£22.95|
|2Kg-5Kg - United states, Canada||UPS||£40.00|
|5Kg-10Kg - United states, Canada||UPS||£50.00|
Royal Mail 48 hour details
- This service is 48hr including delivery on Saturdays.
- Online tracking.
- Delivery may be possible within 24hrs but is not guaranteed.
- Mainland UK only.
- This is a 'next day' service with DPD (mainland UK). NOTE: This is a standard service - you do NOT pay extra for this and next day is not guaranteed.
- While the vast majority of orders placed before midday are dispatched the same day, this is not guaranteed. Please note there is no Saturday delivery.
- Please note: At exceptionally busy periods it might not be possible to deliver your order the next day.
- Delivery will take anything from 2-3 days to 2 weeks to arrive. Please track your order with the details provided.
For orders over 25kg, please call +44 (0)1243 523335, or email email@example.com for discounted prices and for carriage rates.
If you do not see your destination country listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +44 (0)1243 523335 and we will look at the best rate for the weight and value of your order.
Some countries will not allow the import of certain products. It is the responsibility of the customer to establish what their country rules and regulations are. Raw Living cannot be held responsible for orders delayed or returned by customs. If a package is returned by customs we will be charged, and this cost, together with the original carriage cost and a 10% handling fee will be deducted from any refund requested.
Please note that we periodically review carriage rates and they are subject to slight changes. We do not seek to make profit from carriage and in many cases they are heavily discounted.
*packaging is approx 50g on small orders up to 200g on larger orders. so for example, if you purchased 1.81kg of goods, this would be dispatched by courier and the carriage charge would be for 2kg