Where to Start?
This entry was posted on May 6, 2012 by kate.
We are increasingly getting questions from people who are excited about Raw Living, but overwhelmed at the amount of information to take in. So I thought I'd break it all down here in a quick and easy guide to how to get going with raw. You should also start by downloading our free ebook, We are Raw Living.
- Aim low. Be realistic with yourself. 50% raw is great to start, 70% is wonderful, and you will feel the benefits. Don't go for 100% unless you're really sure you're ready!
- Include one adaptogen a day eg maca, aloe vera, reishi, ashwaganda. You can find more information on all of these on the main website.
- Include one green powder a day eg spirulina, barleygrass, chlorella, Klamath Lake algae. We use the Greener Grass and Out of the Woods.
- Make sure you're consuming enough liquids - try and juice daily, as well as drinking herbal teas such as Eterniteea, and making nut and seed milks. Aim for a minimum of three litres a day of teas, juices, milks and waters combined.
- Come to one of my classes. I travel all over so I should be coming your way sooner or later and if I'm not invite me! Set up an event in your area by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. What I can teach you in a day's food prep class can save you months or even years of not getting it quite right.
- Listen to your body. That's all this is about, no more, no less. There is no ultimate right or wrong when it comes to your diet, it's just a process of tuning in, and connecting with your own divine empowered magical self.
That's it. Really, that's it! Focus on these few simple things, and watch your miraculous life start to unfold. Combining a high raw diet with superfoods, regular exercise, and a conscious commitment to positivity, is the surest way I know to bring truth, freedom and harmony into your life. Transform your diet and you transform everything: your body, your mind, your personal relations, as well as the wider social structures - and it's all for the better.